LASA Annual Meeting – Feb. 28
Bridges Conference Center, 201 Christensen Dr, Darlington, WI 53530
Registration open now!
Schedule of events:
10-10:30 a.m. | Registration, networking
10:30 a.m. | Presentation
“Southwest Wisconsin groundwater and geology study”
- Ken Bradbury, director and state geologist, Wisconsin Geological and Natural History Survey, UW–Extension
- Joel Stokdyk, biologist, Laboratory for Infectious Disease and the Environment, US Geological Survey
11:15 a.m.| Keynote
“Environmental and social implications of agriculture, and the role farmer-led groups”
Don Niles DVM- Dairy Dreams and President, Peninsula Pride Farms
12:00 p.m. – 12:40 p.m. | Lunch
During lunch, LASA leaders provide an overview of the LASA cost share program and grant funds
12:40 p.m. | Panel Presentation
“Farmer experiences: Cover crops, reduced tillage and soil health”
Moderated by: Heidi Johnson, crop and soils educator, Dane County UW-Extension
- Dan Brick, Brickstead Dairy, Greenleaf, Wis.,
- Jason Rowe, Cuba City, Wis.
- Ricky Kratz, Kratz Farms, Slinger, Wis.
1:30-2:30 p.m. | Innovation Session
“Aerial seeding cover crops: Economics, best practices and considerations”
- John Cassens, agronomist, Ag Tech Air
- Damon Reabe, president, Dairyland Aviation
2:30 p.m. | Public program concludes
Thanks to Investors Community Bank for making this event free for all attendees!
LASA Summer Field Day – Aug. 23
Thank you to everyone who attended our second annual field day. Hosted by Berget Family Farms.
Thank you supporters
This event was made possible through support from:
Additional sponsorship opportunities are available! Contact us